POSEIDOM project is a powerful computer tool that will allow calculation of optimal Operation and Maintenance strategies and reduce uncertainty related to costs during the operation of offshore wind farms, thus opening new market opportunities.
The main challenge of offshore wind is to overcome the uncertainty of efficiently and cost-effectively operating an industrial infrastructure located in a hostile environment like the sea, where access to a turbine for maintenance or repair requires prior planning that perfectly synchronizes the availability of ships, experts and equipment with acceptable wind, wave and current conditions. Any error in strategy or operation may mean a significant decrease in the
availability and as a result of the production and profitability of the wind farm.
The POSEIDOM project, led by Ingeteam, in collaboration with the Hydraulic Institute of Cantabria (IH Cantabria) and the marine energy company EnerOcean, seeks to combine the significant experience and capabilities of the three entities to reduce the operational and financial risks associated with the exploitation of offshore wind farms. To this end, the POSEIDOM project will develop an innovative decision support tool with the following competencies:
- Analysis of the meteo-oceanic conditions in offshore wind farms.
- Analysis of the transportability to the farm through marine means.
- Analysis of the safe transfer between ship and platform.
- Comparison of the accessibility to parks and transfer of technical personnel between the different types of fixed and floating platforms.
- Identification of market niches through an O&M atlas.
POSEIDOM has financed by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness under the 2016 Challenges-Collaboration program.